How To Use Prepaid Visas From Salad
What Are ‘Prepaid VISA’ Cards?
Prepaid VISA cards are a digital, prepaid card entirely independent from your own personal VISA card you may own. They come with their own card numbers, security pins, and expiry date. These cards can be used everywhere regular Visa debit cards are accepted, unless otherwise indicated on your card. It works like any other credit/debit card which you’re familiar with - you enter in the card details, your card gets charged, and you get your item. However, there are some limitations with this card.
I Just Redeemed A Prepaid VISA, How Do I Activate It?
After you’ve redeemed a Prepaid VISA from the Storefront, you should receive an email from Salad within a few minutes; if not instantly. From the email, click on the link beside ‘Redemption Link’ and it should take you to the website where you can redeem the card.
If, for whatever reason, you aren’t able to click on the link - copy the code beside ‘Digital Token’ and head over to https://www.prepaiddigitalsolutions.com/ and input the code manually in the dialogue box on the ‘Token’ tab.
After you’ve successfully clicked on the redemption link, or prompted your digital token manually, you’ll be greeted with another webpage in which you will select your card type. There are 2 types of cards available for you to redeem. Namely;
- Virtual Visa Card
- Physical Visa Card
* What's the difference between a Virtual and a Physical Prepaid Visa Card?
There are only 2 differences between a Virtual and a Physical Prepaid Card:
- You can start using the Virtual Card immediately after you have activated it. They can only be used online or over the phone to make a purchase or payment.
- The Physical Card can be used in retail store locations and yes, even in restaurants. A $3 shipping/processing fee is deducted from your card balance if you select a Physical Card.
Once you have decided what type of card you want to activate, and selected it, you’ll find another webpage, where you will have to enter your personal information. It’s recommended that you use your real information, as using fake info can lead to your card being declined from some services.
If you’re done entering all the information asked, then you're done! Shortly after that, the web-page will automatically reload, and will present you with all the card details.
This includes: The Card Number, CVV or CVC & The Expiration date.
After that, click on the ‘Payment Details’ button to access all the information you entered before. Please note that it may send a One Time Verification code to the email you listed in the ‘Email’ area.
From there, you’re set to use your Prepaid Card on whatever you wish. You can also edit your information by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button. Moreover, you can see any transactions you’ve made by clicking on the ‘Transactions’ button. Finally, you can use the ‘Redemption’ link or the ‘Digital Token’ to access your card anytime you want.
Please note that you'll have 4 months to redeem your reward. Once activated, you'll have 7 months to use your Visa Prepaid Card.
Limitations & Issues
Sadly, Prepaid Cards are often used for fraud, and due to this you may face some limitations/issues while using the card on some websites. Some of the Issues & Limitations are included below:
- These cards cannot be combined, and you cannot deposit to, or reload these cards.
- You can only link the Prepaid Card to an US, UK, CA, NZ or AU Paypal. Sometimes, you may not be able to use the card on Paypal but it usually fixes itself after a while.
- There is a chance of Steam blocking you from using the Prepaid Card. This is usually a method for them to prevent fraud. Just send them a screenshot of the Prepaid Card (be sure to blur out every number except the last four!) and they will unblock your account. Steam may or may not accept your card if the address is not set to US. So, if you encounter any issue while using the card on Steam, try changing your Card address to US and try making the purchase again.
- Sometimes, while using the card on Roblox to buy Robux, you will notice that it will say ‘Transactions has Failed’ but when you check the transactions of your Card, you can see that the purchase was actually authorized. To solve this, you will need to contact the Roblox support and ask them to verify your transaction manually.
- G2A may or may not accept your card If you’re making the purchase from a Paypal account. But, it will always accept if you select the Credit/Debit card option.
- You cannot use this card on money transfer services like Xoom, WorldRemit or TransferWire.
- Playstation Store will not accept your Card if the Card address isn’t set to the US. This applies to the XBOX Store as well.
- Ebay may or may not accept your card if the address isn’t set to the US or UK. This may apply to AliExpress as well.
- Prepaid Visas are not supported in these regions: Afghanistan, Aland Island, Albania, American Samoa, Andorra, Anguilla, Antiqua and Barbuda, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Botswana, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cape Verde, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cote d'lvoire, Crimea, Croatia, Curacao, Djibouti, Dominica, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Gibraltar, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Isle of Man, Israel, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Macao, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Micronesia, Moldova (the Republic of), Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niger, Niue, North Mariana Islands, Palestinian Territories, Pitcairn, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Samoa, San Marino, Soa Tome & Prin., Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, St Barthelemy, St Helena, Ascension, Tristan da Cunha, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Martin / Sint Maarten, St Vincent & Gren, Suriname, Svalbard and Mayen, Swaziland (Eswatini), Switzerland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City State (Holy See), Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Hong Kong, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Columbia, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Guinea, Eriteria, Iran, Iraq, Loas, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Myanmar, Nicaragua, North Korea, Panama, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Uganda, Ukraine, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe.
These are the currently known limitations & issues. Please let us know if you have found more.
Tips To Keep Your Card Secure
Remember, your Prepaid Card contains Real Money, you have to keep it secure so that no one can steal that money from you. Here are some tips to keep your card safe:
- Create an account on https://www.prepaiddigitalsolutions.com/ and store all your cards there. In that way, all your cards will remain secure.
- If you receive an email that someone tried to login into your account, change your password immediately!
- Never share your ‘Redemption Link’ or ‘Digital Token’ with anyone.
- Never share your card number, CVC & EXP date as well.
- If you think that someone stole money from your card, you can create a charge against them by clicking the ‘Dispute a Charge’ button underneath the card.
Well, that’s about it chefs. We hope that this article has answered most of your questions. But, if you still have any questions, which aren't included in this article, feel free to ask us about it at our Discord server. And as always, keep choppin’